Of the three major cities in the Tennessee Smokies of Sevier County, Sevierville is more of a business-oriented town for those who live in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Sevierville is primarily where we go to get painting supplies, hire a contractor, acquire farming tools and supplies or find some good deals on groceries.
But don’t think that’s the extent of what the city can offer a prospective visitor. There are plenty of places to go and places to eat worth checking out while you’re in the Smokies (it’s also worth noting that many areas in Sevier County that aren’t specifically within Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg zoning are counted as Sevierville) and this page will give you a starting place for items to list on your itinerary.
* Governor’s Crossing – This can be a good place to spend the afternoon with older members of the family as Governor’s Crossing provides a shopping complex and quick access to more than half a dozen restaurants, WalMart, and Veteran’s Boulevard. Stores you can find here include Booksamillion, Scrapbooking Superstore, Vanity Fair, Shoe Carnival, Cato, Jo-Anne and more. Also located very close to NASCAR Speed Park and Rainforest Adventures Zoo, which you can see below.
* NASCAR Speedpark – Sevier County boasts a lot of go-karting parks in the area, but NASCAR’s officially licensed amusement area on the main parkway near Governor’s Crossing is the champion among them! The park features 8 go-kart tracks, 10 rides, a 3-story rock wall and 2 18-hole minigolf courses which will please fans and visitors of all ages. There is a large indoor arcade with additional amusements as well. www.nascarspeedpark.com/tn.aspx
* Five Oaks Tanger Outlet – The largest shopping complex in Sevier County could literally take you all day to go through! Almost one hundred shops of national brand quality and several restaurants and treateries make up the Five Oaks mall. You can find almost every kind of clothes store here along with home decor, kitchenware, jewelry, gourmet foods, Disney and so much more that they have their own trolley system! www.tangeroutlet.com/sevierville
* Bass Pro Shop Complex – What looks like a redneck wonderland on the outside will win over even the biggest non-fan of Southern culture on the inside at Bass Pro shop. This is more than your average outdoor store, this is a shrine to everything we love in the Smokies – hunting, boating, barbecue, fourwheeling, hiking, fishing and so much more. You just gotta see this place to believe it. www.bassproshop.com
* Sevierville Community Center – There isn’t a family alive that doesn’t like to go bowling, and the Sevierville Community Center is where you want to go for that. The complex also includes an indoor swimming pool, basketball court, outdoor kid’s play area, racquetball courts and walking availability to historic downtown Sevierville. www.seviervilleparksandrec.com
* Rainforest Adventures Zoo – One of the few, full fledged zoos we have in the area. Rainforest Adventures looks unassuming and quiet on the outside, but the inside is stocked with exotic animals from every corner of the globe and beyond. Fans of birds, sheep, lizards, snakes, marsupials, reptiles and all kinds of things you didn’t think existed are all here for you to see and learn. www.rfadventures.com
* Adventure Park Ziplines – Across the parkway from Five Oaks is an adventure awaiting the courageous. Ziplines are the most thrilling way to see the mountains you can find in the Smokies, and Adventure Park Ziplines is one of the best in the county. Those who have the guts to try will be rewarded with an unforgettable experience. www.adventureziplinesofsevierville.com
* Smokies Stadium – Our own personal, professional baseball field and special event headquarters! The stadium is home to the Tennessee Smokies baseball team, and is also the home for the Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland, the 4th of July fireworks during the Summer, and many other special events throughout the year.
See more information on Sevierville at www.visitsevierville.com.